Wednesday, August 29, 2007

winter, spring, summer, or fall...

These past few days have been a complete whirlwind of all my future responsibilities. Fortunately, I've been able to keep on top of most everything as best I can tell. Studying continues albeit at a slightly less frightening pace as previous days. The qBank seems to be less daunting every day and the results I get have been fairly consistent - in a good way. I feel prepared and yet a part of me remains absolutely mortified that I should be torturing myself with endless hours of studying. Well, whatever the case, I think the big concerns will be over after this weekend. With COMLEX-CE and ERAS out of the way, I can spend the hours I usually devote to joy and happiness to studying for the USMLE-CK. Well, not so much. But at least it will seem like a lot less pressure with only one big fire to put out.

Even with the amount of work to be done these past weeks, I'm fortunate to have the support and love of my friends and family (hi, mom and dad). I sent out my personal statement for ERAS this past Monday to a bunch of people and have gotten such great feedback and revisions from everyone. I am sure that with all that help, it will progress towards "masterpiece status." In addition, when studying becomes too taxing or overwhelming, I have a more complete complement of friends here to share time. It has been a real sanity saver to have everyone here. Another such case is Ben, Rose, and I went out to the middle of nowhere on Monday night to watch the lunar eclipse. It was awesome to see and I'm glad I got to experience it with such good company. Here is a picture captured as the moon became fully eclipsed. Anyway, hopefully, these next 48 hours will go as quickly as the past ten days and I will emerge refreshed and ready to carry on!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home