Monday, January 23, 2006

afternoons and coffespoons

I haven't written anything in a while, but I suppose it's because things have been relatively unmonumentous of late. So, with that, I bring you the small victories that have occurred.

I recently rediscovered ThePhatPhree.com. Unfortunately, it was in the middle of our Women's Health iLecture today. So, on a brief aside, I would have to say that iLectures have got to be the biggest, lamest excuse I have ever seen for not one, but two professors not to lecture in front of students. The "iLecture" is basically a Quicktime movie that was projected onto the screen in our classroom with audio that can only be described as OB/GYN and Pathology meets Saturday Night Live's "The Delicious Dish." Seriously. If I could post a link to the file, I would. So, that was about 90 minutes of grueling audio narrating some fairly foul pictures of female genetalia. Don't get me wrong, as a student doctor I have nothing against female genetalia, but I'm only allotted so much "cottage cheese exudate" and "skin tags" in one day and that lecture definitely put me over my limit. So, as the last minutes wound down, I found this article to which my only response could be "Sweet Mother of Mary! Its the Holy Grail!"

So needless to say, after a couple [dominating] rounds of ping pong it was decided that King's Buffet was in order. As always, small children were starving in Nambia while I crammed fork-full of greasy goodness after fork-full greasy goodness. After sufficiently gorging myself, we were delighted to unwrap the prognostic goodness that is the fortune cookie. Much to my surprise, this is what I found inside mine:


oh really. thanks.

So, that was pretty much the highlight of the day... or past couple of days. In the meantime, the board studying continues.

1 Comments:

Blogger vrazz said...

hahaha. my last fortune from kings was a commentary on the weather. at least yours was a compliment, sort of.

11:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home