Sunday, January 08, 2006

what you wish for...

I managed to survive the first week of the new calendar year. I guess that wouldn't normally be such a feat, and in all reality, it shouldn't have been any different than surviving it last year. This time, however, it seemed a bit more hurried, busy, and stressful. I guess it was mostly due to that darn diagnostic test. On that note, I suppose I did ok. It was weird to think that 50% would be an acceptable score, but I suppose I have another four months to absorb this monumental amount of material. I still find it a bit disconcerting that the diagnostic report said that I was on the borderline of "potential risk for failure" and "possibility for passing." I guess its just important to keep in mind that I have almost two entire quarters of medical education before I have to take this exam and many, many hours available to study for it.

In other business, I'm already looking forward to the upcoming departure from Kirksville. More than likely, the move to the Phoenix area will also involve living with roommates. I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't worried that there will be a massive roommate debacle, but I'm hoping that having more time to consider options and being much more experienced and understanding will make the group living much better. So, the housing hunt has begun and I'm eagerly awaiting the prospect of starting that part of my medical education.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home